Translate

Thursday 11 July 2019

River Tees Lures

I was on the River Tees trying to catch my first River Tees pike last week and kind of succeeded... in a fashion. I had my light lure rod set up for perch and chub with a heavier set up for pike. I made the rookie error of not having a wire trace on my light lure rod and got bitten off by a pike on a small rubber shad, next I lost a decent fish on a J13 jointed lure before a good friend of mine 'borrowed' my rod and landed a fish about 7 or 8lb. A first Tees pike for either of us.
I learnt the following...
1. I must get some light wire for perch lures when pike are present
2. I now have a fairly good idea where to fish with deadbaits this winter
3. I love lure fishing
In between the pike escapades I landed a couple of perch to about 8oz but also lost a better perch or chub on a small rubber shad.

No comments: