Translate

Thursday 25 July 2019

Fin Nor LT 40 Spinning Reel

I decided this spring to try a bit of saltwater lure fishing, I already had a pike lure rod so just needed a reel to go with it. Dan, in the local tackle shop, recommended the Fin Nor reel and I already know good anglers who use the brand for winter cod fishing so decided to give it a go.
The reel has an aluminium body and spool, a smooth carbon washer clutch and brass main gear. Being a saltwater spinning reel there is no reverse gear which as a freshwater angler takes some getting used to.
I loaded the shallow spool with 20lb braid and took it out for a ... well a spin! The reel was smooth and lightweight and did the job without any dramas. Good reels aren't cheap but if they do the job I can't begrudge the price at under £100.

No comments: