Translate

Monday 8 July 2019

Akios Airloop R10

I have been looking for a solution to my barely average casting ability and came across a long cast reel that goes by name of Airloop R10 by Akios.I coupled the reel with a spool of 30lb Spiderwire braid with a 60lb braid shock leader.
I took the reel out for a cast to put it through its paces with my Vercelli Besta on the beach and the results were stunning, I managed about 25% extra on my usual distance with the better distances coming with a 4oz lead.The line lay is super precise with a long slow oscillation of the spool which itself is long and tapered. The main weak spot will be the distance that the spool travels and the forces exerted when its fully extended. To mitigate this problem I put the reel in the fully retracted position then opened the bail arm and ran the line through the rod rings to the point that I'd want the lead positioned when casting to reduce the amount of available sideways pull on the spool during casting. The other weak point may well be the apparently less than convincing anti reverse lever at the rear of the reel body.
I'm heading on to the beach tomorrow night in search of some bass so we'll see how it fares.

No comments: