Translate

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Another First

I headed down to a local reef last night to try my hand to saltwater lure fishing for the first time, I wasn't overly confident but it was nice to be out on a beautiful evening. My lack of confidence seem to be justified as time ticked on and the sun sank towards the horizon and to add to my woes I seemed to be losing a couple of lures.
I worked my way around the rock edges trying different modern lures but nothing seemed to be interested. Finally I found a wide gully between 2 rocky outcrops and selected a blue and silver Abu Toby and immediately started picking up some small Coalfish, known locally as Billet. Finally my rod hooped over and a decent SeaTrout led me on a bit of a scrap. After a quick photo the fish was measured at 52cm and released.
All in all it was a great night and I can't wait to get back out there.




No comments: