Translate

Monday 23 July 2007

Farlows, July

Last week for once work was kind to me and I managed to get two early finishes and with Farlows only being around the corner it was a simple choice. All day I had struggled with the choice between carp and tench, the descision of where to fish was fairly simple as the gates are locked at 8 pm and I wanted an easy walk out as my car would be on the road so the bottom corner it was! Carp were rolling off the tip off one island and instantly the scales tipped in favour of carp. I rushed to the on site shop to get some bollies only to find it had shut!! At this point I should have re-thought my plan but foolishly I didnt. In my bag I always keep some meat and some corn so although I had no faith in the meat it went on as bait. The whole rig plus corn and pellets went into a PVA bag and was cast towards the island.
All evening I got small twitches but nothing more and I came to the conclusion it was only small fish pecking away atthe bait. And so it was at dusk that I packed away kicking myself over a wasted fishless evening.

No comments: