Translate

Thursday 6 September 2018

Not Singing in the Rain

Its been a while since I've been on my local water so I dusted my carp gear off and headed for the reservoir. I selected a peg on the far side of the water facing into a stiff northerly breeze and set about dropping a bait down each margin and one out in front of me about 30yds out.
As darkness fell it started to rain and I had 2 bream to my tally and I was beginning to doubt my sanity, I'd missed a simply unmissable run and was coming to terms that that was my quota for the night. I had decided to start packing up at 10.00pm so it was a huge relief with 30 minutes to spare when my right hand margin rod screamed off.
I played what I thought was a decent fish for what seemed an eternity when finally my carp rolled on the surface and I slipped the net under it. I was amazed when the scales showed it was only slightly over 12lb because of the scrap it had put up. A beautiful long lean mirror carp and one to look out for in the future.
After the relief of my capture all that was left to do was pack up in the dark and the rain and head home.

No comments: