Translate

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Bread Line

for a change I opted to fish the River Tees yesterday, a club stretch at low Dinsdale near Yarm in the pursuit of some chub. I had dried and liquidised some bread to use as groundbait and took a fresh sliced loaf to use as bait. Using a bread punch I managed a handful of chub up to just short of 4lb, great fun on light float tackle, a small grayling even turned up to provide something different.



As with all my trips I try and learn at least one lesson, yesterdays lesson was that a single loaf of bread will suffice for a trip, I prepared 3 loafs which was probably enough for a whole week on the river.
I think float fished maggots would be interesting on the same stretch to see if there are any more grayling lurking in the faster water.

No comments: