Translate

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Tails Like Paddles

I made it down to my local water as usual last night and ended up in the same swim as last week, although I am a creature of habit this time I chose my spot spot based on a gentle breeze that was blowing into the corner again and more importantly it was as far away from another angler as it was possible to get. As usual I managed to get bothered by the stock carp until I lengthened the hair on my rig and critically balanced a 15mm S7 boilie with a trimmed down 15mm white Nash popup. There was just enough buoyancy to lift the baits but leave the hook laying flat on the deck. Shortly after recasting at dusk the line screamed out and a good deep fight ensued before I slipped the net under a 15lb 2oz mirror with a tail like a paddle steamer. So lessons learnt, always try something different (I'd never had much luck on the water with popups), be careful when taking pictures in the dark (this one is the best by a long long long way) and think carefully about where you intend to cast.

No comments: