Translate

Saturday 17 September 2016

Strange Night

I was back on my local water on Tuesday night and really looking forward to it. I picked a corner that last autumn I had quite a lot of success in, its a little bit shallower than the rest of the water and is the scene of an old weed bed that was removed several years ago. When I arrived there was a warm breeze blowing into the corner and a group of decent carp were lounging in the sun. As soon as I dropped a lead anywhere near them the fish disappeared and that was the last I'd see of them. I had a run of small stock fish and couldn't shake the feeling that the small fish were ruining my presentation and cleaning up my free offerings and my enthusiasm started to slide. At one point the little blighters had all my rods out of the water and it was long before my usual packing up time when I called it a day.

No comments: