Translate

Wednesday 28 September 2016

In The Edge

I arrived on my local water complete with a fresh bag of S7 and set up with the a strong warm wind blasting straight into my peg. I flicked my left hand rod to a small patch of lilies a few metres away and my right hand rod under a tree tight into the margin. I thought long and hard about my rigs (for a change) and swapped my lead clips out for inline leads for my margin rods and allowed the line to lay completely slack. After a pair of small stock fish from the lilies the rod tip pulled around again and on striking I mistakenly thought I was into another small fish. While bullying the fish away from my other 2 lines it suddenly occurred to me that I was into a better carp. It was with great relief when I slid the net under a 17lb 7oz mirror. Half an hour before packing up and while I was catching forty winks the right hand rod flew off and after a short fight another mirror of 14lb 6oz ended up in the net. The irony is that I ended up getting snagged up and losing the end tackle on my carefully thought out right hand rod, with time getting short I tied on a lead clip and quick release clip and got the bait back in the margin and it was shortly after that I got the second carp. It just goes to show that sometimes you can over think things.

No comments: