Translate

Thursday 26 May 2016

More Like It

Tuesday afternoon saw me calling in on my local water after work. A brief walk round and I discovered the wind swirling about and the temperature decidedly on the chilly side. After talking to one of the guys I found out that there had been 5 sets of rods on the water ll day and only a single bream caught, my confidence slipped lower. I managed to find a more sheltered corner and got my rods out, one down each margin and one straight out around 25 yards. As usual I used DNA S7 boilies on simple hair rigs and semi fixed leads. about an hour and a half into the session 2 of the resident young rods on the water had stopped off to have a chat when my middle rod set off on a run that must rank as one of the fastest runs I've ever seen. After a strong determined fight a mirror of 17lb 5oz slipped into the net.
I always had the feeling another fish was on the cards and I tried a few changes to bring me an extra fish, pop ups and snowman but as usual it was a plain old bottom bait (tipped with fake corn) that brought me second run. Another mirror of 19lb 2oz in the net made me feel that my season was finally off the mark.

No comments: