Translate

Sunday 8 May 2016

Kick Off

I managed to get my first over night session in last night. I was in search of carp at my usual venue but less than confident with the cold foggy weather we were forecast on the north east coast, they say its grim up north and they'd be right. Its been hotter than the Mediterranean everywhere except here! I was set up and cast out by about 6pm and managed to get a hot meal prepared and a cup of tea made before the dark added to the fog. I was fishing slack lines to try and keep them on the bottom so it was completely without warning when the baitrunner screamed into action. A short and disappointing fight saw a 14lb 6oz common slide into the net. As you can see from the photos the fog made taking pictures in the dark more than a chalenge for young Jack. Whilst taking the photos one of the other guys alarms sounded and it looked like shaping up to be a busy night, by the following afternoon it was apparent that looks can be very deceiving. One fact that was blindingly is that I carry far too much gear.

No comments: