Translate

Thursday 19 May 2016

Little Thief

I returned to my local water on Monday, my good friend Jay had had an 18lb common the previous week and several 20's had been out and I was keen to keep up. It was a perfect evening, warm and a light breeze blowing into my face and I was fairly confident. A resident blackbird is getting more and more bold and comes to nearly arms length to be fed pellet and broken boilies. Its always entertaining to watch him hopping about. I spent a few minutes tying a new rig and critically balancing a bait, turned around to put some bits away and turned back to see that bloody bird running off with my newly tied rig! Since we started carping the decision to recast or not recast has always played heavily on my fishing mind. A good friend of mine advocates recasting often as your rig my be tangled or hung up on some debris and he does very well. Another mate advocates trusting your rig is correctly presented and leaving it for a long time and he does equally as well. Me? I just fret! Anyway the finally result of my evening session was carp 1 - me 0.

No comments: