Translate

Thursday 7 November 2019

Last Week

I was up on the cliffs last week, perched high above the north sea. The weather was good and the low pressure was sending down long lazy swells from the northern North Sea, so much so that the usually deserted car park was full of surfing fans after dark.
I baited up with cart wings, squid and mussel and cast out full of optimism... misplaced optimism! The result was about half a dozen rockling, a pouting and a small codling.
I had been inquiring at the tackle shop in Saltburn about gadgets to light up the rod tip, the lights I have at the moment are very bright but rely on a plastic clip that I'm never confident won't trap the line during a cast. After a brief discussion with Dan I bought some waggler adapters and pushed one over each end of a slim beta light then whipped the whole thing on to the rod tip. Its not as bright but will last indefinitely and are a much lower profile setup.

No comments: