Translate

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Marske Holes 2

Its been flat for the last week so not a lot has been happening off the beach, last night however I noticed from the charts that the sea was starting to build. I grabbed my gear and headed to my local beach to target a hole I'd been watching and it looked perfect,. I tackled up my new Vercelli Besta T and waded out onto the sandbar from where an 80 yard chuck put me into the gulley.
I had already spooled up a shallow spool with 30lb braid tith a short 60lb nylon shock leader which I hoped would give me some extra distance over the thicker 60lb braid. With the thicker braid I was reaching 85 yards with a decent sized bait and 6oz lead. With the thinner braid I reached...... well exactly the same! However its true to say its not all about distance , the thinner diameter gives less resistance to wind and current.
Anyway the end result was a small codling caught on the ebb, not a large fish but my first cod from Marske beach. Its been a winter season of firsts.

No comments: