Translate

Sunday 13 September 2015

Still Night

I ventured out onto the bank of my favourite water. Its ideal as its local and I can fish shortish evening sessions. Pete turned up for chat as I was setting up. Pete fished with us in the early days and although I occaisionally see him wandering around I never see him fishing. With the usual banter bout how little I catch he departed just as my left hand rod screamed off. Smuggly I shouted him and hit the run..... only to strike in to thin air. With my first bout of good luck I realised that he hadnt heard me! The evening and night were absolutely still and I was constantly expecting a run at any time, as the night wore on though I began to doubt if anything would materialise. It was with a lot of relief then when my right hand rod tip pulled around and I was finally in. A short dogged fight followed and a mirror of 14lb 11oz finally slid into the net.

No comments: