Translate

Thursday 12 July 2018

Always Expect the Unexpected

I seem to make plans, spend ages considering them and then the fish go and change them. I didn't really have the time on Tuesday to wait for carp so I got some prawns and headed to my local water in the hope of locating some decent perch. I tackled up my 12 foot waggler rod, paired it with a centre pin reel and fished an antenna float about a rod length out with a small prawn on a size 10 hook and a 2lb hook length. I know a size 10 is a big hook but it suits the bait.
I did manage a couple of perch but nothing very large, around 6oz being the best, what I didn't expect was the 5 tench to around 1 1/2lb, a 4lb bream and and a 4 or 5lb mirror carp that also came my way. The tench were stocked a year or 2 ago and this time seem to have avoided the cormorants to get past swallowing size.
I didn't catch what I thought I was going to catch but what I did catch was most welcome, especially on the light tackle.




No comments: