Translate

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Every Day is a School Day

I was back on the cliffs with Martin on Sunday night, it was the first decent swell we've had in weeks and he'd done well the previous night so my expectations were high. After getting over the initial head spin and climbing carefully down on to the grassy ledge at the top of the cliff edge I set up my gear and baited up with a squid, mussel and frozen lug cocktail.
Martin had tried previously to explain about not striking but it had never really sunk in... until Sunday night that is. I had a bite, felt for the fish and struck and reeled in having missed the bite. He was less than impressed! The idea being to lean back slightly into the fish then feel for it, if there's nothing there then you haven't moved the bait far and there's a good chance the fish will find the bait again. I've got it now!
I finished the night with 2 codling of around a pound and a half each.



No comments: