Translate

Thursday 28 September 2017

Gone In a Blink

Isn't it funny how fast things can change? I was on my local water on Tuesday night and made the fatal decision to bait up while the ducks could see me, to say they drove me to distraction was an understatement. Constantly diving on my baits, I'd scare them off but as soon as I looked away they'd be back. On top of the duck problem I'd also baited up in the margin with some old spod mix I had in the freezer and my confidence was rock bottom.
By dusk I was promising myself I'd be packing up soon... by 9 o'clock I was packing up any time soon... by 9.30 I was questioning the whole point of being there... by 9.55 I was definitely packing up... by 10.15 there was a 18lb common in the net and and in the blink of an eye I loved this sport again.


No comments: