Translate

Wednesday 16 November 2016

On A Frosty Night

I was out last night after work, I managed to get out of work early and race the sunset to my local water and get cast in before it got dark. The supper moon rose in a clear sky and the temperature dropped, in fact the moon was so bright that it threw shadows all around my peg. 
Sometime after dark the indicator on my middle rod rose to the but then dropped back in to position, I left it for half an hour before reeling in to check my presentation which looked fine. I rebaited and switched from a plain bottom bait  to a bottom bait balanced with a trimmed down white pop up. The rig was walked out down the bank and the line clipped up to a pre-set length so I knew I could land it back on the baited area in the dark. I cast out and settled back. Frost was forming on my rod holdall, and my feet were getting cold and I was beginning to wonder what on earth I was doing there when finally the indicator rose to the butt and and the indicator sounded but no run developed. I struck, more out of hope, and was met with solid resistance. After a dogged heavy fight I slid the net under a fish know as The long Common. Its the biggest fish in the venue and one I last caught about 18 months ago. This time she was a pound heavier at 24lb 8oz and I was very happy to say the least.
















Whilst walking the lead back out ready to recast I discovered the reason the run hadn't developed. The line was still clipped up from when I'd cast before the run!

No comments: