Translate

Monday 31 October 2016

Grandslam

Just for a change I went fishing last monday instead of tuesday night, I know I'm a crazy animal. With the temperature dropping slightly I was in 2 minds as to moving into deeper water on the lake. It had been reasonably warm during the day but I knew the temperature would drop after dark so i decided to hedge my bets and pick an area where I could target the margin and some deeper water. Just before dark my left hand rod ,which I had positioned just out from the margin on a spot I'd previously had some decent fish off, screamed off. Line was being pulled from the bait runner but when I engaged the bait runner and struck I was met with thin air. I'd missed an unmissable run and was really not impressed. Shortly after dark the same rod rattled off again and this time I connected with a reasonable fish, a thought appeared from nowhere that I hadn't lost a fish for quite some time. No sooner had the thought entered my mind than the tip sprang back and the fish was gone. Luckily I was on my own because the air turned blue. Funny how when I think about about winning the lottery it never happens. Around an hour before packing up I was beginning to count my losses when the right hand rod roared off. I long plodding fight ensued until I slipped a net under a common weighing an ounce under 15lb. It had been a night of mixed fortunes, loss, draw and a win. Once again DNA's Secret 7 had done the tick. Tomorrow will be more of a challenge with the temperature falling dramatically according to the girl on the weather tonight.

No comments: