Translate

Tuesday 12 May 2015

A Touch of Wind

My local hole in the ground responds well to wind, espescially a warm wind, but the question is when is it warm enough? Well last night I got my answer and its errrrrmm now! I arrived and decided to fish into the teeth of a strong wind, I find it tricky at times but knowing its the right place to be makes you just get your head down and crack on. I fished 2 rods about 20 yards out and one at the foot of the slope about 10 yards to my left. Both rods were on 15mm Secret 7 boilies over 20 to 30 15mm and 12mm Secret 7 boilies. I had to wait about 2 hours before the margin rod raced off, after a dogged heavy fight Kev slid the net under a tubby common that pulled the scales down to 21lb 13oz. To say I was chuffed would be an under statement. So the evening wore on and I was happily thinking about packing up when the same rod raced off again, after another dogged fight I slid the net under a long mirror of 18lb 2oz. On any session they'd be a brilliant pair for the north east, even better on a 6 hour session and perfect after 3 previous blanks. I still havent managed a fish on coated braid yet, I know its not a new piece of kit but I still havent had a fish on it and so I still havent got any confidence in it.

2 comments:

Councillor Pete Rutledge Deputy Mayor of Hertsmere said...

so it would appear that the hole in the ground has some fish of note!well done!
it goes to prove that even when you know that you are doing everything correctly some times the fish do not know that (your last three outings).good luck for the future outings , try not to be too disappointed if they do not turn out to be the same as the other night

Walton said...

Cheers Pete. I suppose thats why they call it fishing not catching. You keeping ok?