Translate

Sunday 8 February 2015

Abu Ambasadeur 9000c

A good friend of mines father recently passed away and knowing I was a keen fisherman my friend passed on his beach caster and muliplyer. Anyway I thought I would strip it down, clean and regrease the reel. Pretty soon the reel became a loose collection of parts and now my confidence in being able to return it to its previous (or indeed any) glory has almost completely evaporated. Whilst searching the web for schematics I discovered an interesting fact about the 9000c, it automatically gears down when put under load to increase the torque of the reel. Built around late 70's or early 80's it would appear I may have bitten off more than I can chew!

2 comments:

Pete Rutledge said...

typical, you just had to give it a little fiddle didn't you?. Heaven knows how many regulators or first stages you must have in your garage that you just wanted to give a little tweak,but are now left in a pile of bits.I had a problem with one of the early baitrunners a while ago and found a place near Southampton that sorted it out for me. it costs a bit in postage but the reel was a dream when I got it back. hope this helpsP.R.

Walton said...

Any idea of the name of the place? Its litteraly a big pile of bits!