Translate

Monday 1 August 2011

Trent


I snook off early again a few weeks ago for an evening spell just above Long Eaton on the Trent. I chose the peg which blessed me with the bream last season and settled in with a single rod. Before tackling up I used my old Conoflex carp rod with a newly acquired GTE 6000B Baitrunner, you cant help loving those reels, with a bait dropper to load up a patch of river bed with hemp, pellet and corn loosely bound with pellet groundbait.
I let the swim rest for a bit while sorting my kit out then set to work........ yep not a touch all evening. Did I over feed the swim? Was the garlic infused hemp not right? Was it too cold (boy was it cold when the sun went down)or is it that the swim choice was wrong and the fish just weren't there or all of the above?
Anyway I'm already planning my next trip!

No comments: