Translate

Saturday 10 July 2010

Monday

Well its been a week of 2 halves. I knew I had a week in Nottingham and decided to take advantage of the good weather and try my luck on the Trent. Monday say me on the Embankment stretch of the Trent opposite the flats. I like this stretch because its reasonably easy to fish and I've had varrying degrees of success there. The draw back is that the banks are concrete and its very busy and open.
I set up a feeder rod with a ground bait and pellet and fished a pellet topped off with a grain of plastic corn (mainly to stop the pellet coming of the hair). In addition I used a bait dropper to bait up the area.
To pass the time out came my float rod and centre pin and ran a stick float through the bottom of the swim. The water was crystal clear and really sluggish and throughout the evening I struggled to get bites. By dusk I'd managed about a dozen perch from a few ounces upto about half a pound/ By dusk I couldn't see the float anymore and decided to concentrate on the feeder rod.
As the light faded the interest in the pellet began and finally the tip went round and resulted in a bream about 5lb. A second smaller bream followed and by midnight I decided enough was enough.

No comments: