Translate

Friday 2 January 2009

Everyone needs goals

Heres just a thought on what I'd like to achieve this year. Whilst I try and not focus on wieghts too much (mainly because I'd be constantly dissapointed) heres some targets.
Barbel, having never caught one any will do but I'd like to aim for 8lb
Carp, it shouldnt be that hard to find a 20 these days should it? More than that though I'd love to bank a river carp........ any river carp.
Bream, my local water holds em up to 8lb so that seems a realistic target.
Perch. A 2lb perch from either the trent, my local water or the new lake I've come accross is easily on the cards.
Tench. The north East isnt renowned for its tench but the new water does hold a couple, 4lb would see me grinning.
Pike. I've already had an 18 from the trent so the next logical step is a twenty, not an easy one though.
Roach. I reckon this couldbe the hardest of all and I'm going to keep it realistic and say 1lb 8oz.
Chub. At just over 5lb my pb isnt massive but I reckon many anglers wont have seen one, I'd be happy with anything over 5lb 8oz.

I wonder what I'll be thinking looking back from the end of 2009?

2 comments:

Pete.R said...

whilst it is all very well and good having goals to aim for, some times they can distract us of why we go fishing. it is not a numbers game for most people,it is about getting out there and enjoying yourself and hoping that what ever you are doing is correct and at least something will fall for your little trap(s).If I could give just one small piece of advice:-
stop waddling around in a strange rubber suit pretending to be a diver,stop moaning that things were a lot better when I worked at the U/S, stop complaining when no one does as you ask,stop whinging that all the soft southerners get all the best jobs and go fishing. I find it a lot easier to catch fih if I am actually on the bank with a bait in the water.
good luck with your quest(s) and keep us informed of your progress.

Walton said...

Well said Pete. Still no one ever does as I ask and that extends increasingly to the fish!