Translate

Tuesday 15 May 2007

New River

I've been away working down near Ware in Herts, damming up what is essentially a concrete lined canal which carries water to treatment plants in london. The idea was to dam off a section then drain it to fix a leak and today was the pumping out day. The reason I mention it was because my final job was to get in with a net to rescue any fish which could be found in the mud. The main point of interest other than a few jack pike were a pair of reasonable sized perch, maybe a pound and a half in wieght. Talking to the British waterways rep I learnt that there are quite a few pike to double figures and several larger carp further downstream.
The only down side is that for safety reasons there is no fishing allowed, I'm sure though that if a quiet stretch could be found .........!

No comments: